Wednesday 23 May 2012

New York: Day 9 - Staten Island

Whenever I come to New York I always catch up with my cousin Sara and her family over on Staten Island.  We always go over to her house and her mother in law cooks us an amazing Italian meal and they make fun of the Aussies.  It's a tradition.  This time was no exception, and with Marc in tow, there was much more to make fun of!

Marc and I caught the ferry over to Staten Island and tried to jostle the many other tourists out of the way to get a good shot of the Statue of Liberty as we went past.  Unfortunately, those with prams won and we weren't able to get a great view of Miss Liberty.  After the very efficient and always free ferry ride, we had a look around the ferry terminal which had views back to Manhattan.


Trying to shove children out of the way so we can get a decent pic.  Children can be so selfish. 

Looking back at Manhattan from Staten Island


We then made our way to Sara's house where we caught up with the family including Bob, the cutest puppy ever!  Dinner conversation revolved around Fosters beer, how Marc and I were yuppies and the reasons why one should live on Staten Island and not in Manhattan.  There were a few racial slurs thrown in for good measure.  It was the perfect night!
From left to right: Angela, Mike, Leigh, Marc, Louis, Sara, Uncle James
Forcing my love on Bob.  "Why wont you let me love you????"
My super cool cousin Sara
Me and Bob
Manhattan skyline at night.
Thanks Schroeder family for a lovely dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment